Thursday 28 February 2019

PSALM 84: Even the sparrow has found a home


Even the sparrow has found a home.

When someone promises something, there is a percentage of probability in them keeping their promise, and the percentage depends on the CHARACTER of the one who promised. If the person is credible enough they need not even promise something but even when they say something, you know they will keep it because of WHO the person is. With that prelude, I begin to narrate a small part of my life introducing the promise, the promise keeper and the promise believer, (the last one’s me!)

We were looking for a better house to live in as soon as our neighbor of 18 years changed their house and we wanted another room probably. It didn’t matter much to me as I was more concerned about how my life was shaping up; after all buying houses is normally the business of the bigger ones in the family. I kept it in prayers and also told God that we were completely fine in the house that He had already given us. As we started looking for houses on sale, we found one house which we liked; it was quite affordable for us and I just thought, yea this is fine. (God had different plans, trust me, He never thinks small).

I came home with a small prayer in my heart asking God to lead us in our decisions regarding the house. The time came for me to read the Bible for the afternoon, and I found this verse:


EVEN THE SPARROW HAS FOUND A HOME AND THE SWALLOW BUILDS HER NEST AND RAISES HER YOUNG AT A PLACE NEAR YOUR ALTAR, O LORD OF HEAVEN’S ARMIES, MY KING AND MY GOD! 
 In Psalm 84:3. I underlined it and immediately knew what God had promised. With no doubt I told my mother, “Ma, our house will be near the church”. And that’s the PROMISE, by the PROMISE KEEPER.

Months passed by and I really never remembered much or prayed much about it, but whenever the topic came up, I would say, Ma our house will be near the church and we were the PROMISE BELIEVERS.Being a promise believer is no big a job but to trust; but to trust God when the wind blows, the boat topples, when nobody believes you, when the situations are improbable, when people laugh at you, when people plot against you, when nothing goes the way you thought it would….. then comes the play, that is the real test to the promise believers. In overcoming doubts, in blindly trusting with a crazy faith is the growth of a believer, a promise believer.

To cut the big story small, (I’m actually cutting a lot of tiny yet significant miracles on the way… should be experienced, you know, not read) we bought a house, and I am typing these sitting in the living room. Guess what, (why guess, it’s quite obvious) it’s exactly near our church. Yes, the sparrow found a home, near HIS ALTAR. We have built our nest facing the church.

I shall share a small experience and quite a few pictures to prove my PROMISE KEEPER’S faithfulness: In the night after we first moved into our house, we were making sure we switched off every light before we went to sleep. While checking, I saw a small red light’s reflection on one of the vessels in the kitchen. When we checked as to which light we had left on, it was the reflection of the light from the cross on our church’s tower, which glows all night and cannot be turned off by us.We can hear the church’s bell when it rings loudly from where I sleep, study and eat. I can probably do a spider man’s jump from our house’s terrace to our church. I can sleep everyday looking at the cross on the church. I can brush my teeth looking at our church… and so on

When a descendant of Korah wrote Psalm 84, I daresay he didn’t mean it for me, but when I read it so many years later, I knew God was making a promise. I knew that He was in control and had something in his plan that I wouldn’t have imagined even in my most creative dreams.These days I have a huge trust with regard to all the other promises on due by God who has whispered to me, sang to me, spoke to me and shouted to me.

I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU UNTIL I HAVE FINISHED GIVING YOU EVERYTHING I HAVE PROMISED YOU. GENESIS 28:15B 
Every brick in our home(though I may not see it all) reminds me of his unchanging words and character that can be relied upon every second for the rest of my life and after. I encourage you, my friend, whoever you are to listen to God who sings, whispers, shouts and says his promises to you: Fear not. This one God who is mine is also yours if you take him and he’s capable of doing much more to you as He had and is still doing, to me! Walk with God, trust God’s promises, believe it and watch as He fulfills it.

SOME CLICKS!






1 comment:

A story to be told!

  It was a special day, my husband’s birthday and we were far from the city’s hustle but near the heart of the Western Ghats of India. We wo...