Sunday 26 April 2020

The pangs we know not

It was a warm day, another lockdown day and I guess I woke up earlier than usual. As the turn of events in a day, greatly depends on the time of waking, mine had an unusual forward schedule. Proportionately, I ate my breakfast early. I went about doing the things I usually do, let's not get into the details. Time went by and then the time for lunch had come. 

My lunch wasn't ready. (Everything around you need not run with the same clock, should it?) So I started waiting for food.......

As mundane as this sounds, it was something I've never experienced, I've never known, I have never walked that road before. I was HUNGRY!

(Pinterest)

 It was not a hunger for chips, not a hunger for chicken, not a craving hunger for shawarma but an urgent hunger for food. As much as my body started to tell me I was hungry, my mind couldn't stay quiet. I started thinking...... And I ended up here.

I was not able to bear the pangs I had for some time, and my mind reminded me that there are so many who bear it everyday. For some, it never really leaves. My story ends here, but I learnt an important lesson.

We never really can show empathy if we never have walked through the same path, till then it's only sympathy!

As I felt hunger pangs that day, I was moved. With the lockdown around the country, some have been affected by corona but many have been affected by hunger. And hunger not just during lockdown but almost during every day of the few days in life.

(Pinterest)

 What can I do? Feed.

What more? Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

We may not immediately start a start up or begin feeding a 100 souls. But what we can do is act out of empathy with people we meet everyday, I mean after the lockdown😅

The next time, someone on the road says, they're hungry. Let's remember that hunger is a pang most of us may not know. We have to remember to offer help as much as possible. If this article helps you remember to teach a man to fish or to give him a fish, the purpose is fulfilled.

 Let us know the pain of the pangs we may never have experienced and help people who live with them. For starters, I've given a few links below, I heard that even SWIGGY delivers food to the needy. "Where there is a will, there is a way" When you know you want to help, there's always a way. Down below I've mentioned a few links for feeding the poor in my city, my sweet little weeping Chennai city.

Spreadlove

Vignesh Kumar - in and around Vyasarpadi

NAME          : VIGNESH KUMAR S

A/C NO        : 2511001500018714

IFSC CODE  : PUNB0251100

BRANCH      : PURASAIWALKAM 

GPAY NO      : 8939051283

Kindly let me know through your comments if there are any others helping. We can circulate it and extend help. Let's not let our friends face the pangs we are afraid to face. The ones above has been verified to the best of my knowledge 😇


2 comments:

A story to be told!

  It was a special day, my husband’s birthday and we were far from the city’s hustle but near the heart of the Western Ghats of India. We wo...