Sunday 17 June 2018

Having God as your Dad!

Having God as your Dad!


A short peep into my life is the article below which explains a few incidents that are examples of one spoon of the huge bowl full of miracles you will experience when you take the true living God as your father. I hope these would help you to trust him more and depend on him for your everyday needs!


Of ironing clothes: At your doorstep!
The train was at 7:50, and we thought it safer to start from home by 6:30. We had to go for a wedding and my mum and I had quite a few silk clothes to iron. It was pretty late the previous day and the "not so safe" crowds in the city did not permit me to give the clothes for ironing the previous day. It was about 10 in the day and there were no cloth ironing shops nearby. The problem with trying to iron silk at home is that the efforts are often fruitless. On wondering about what to do, we probably prayed, or maybe just let our thought process it. It was about 2 in the noon and I had to go out with my scooty to get another stitched dress. (Indian weddings have a lot to do with dresses and jewels). As mum and I were doing things in the parking lot of our apartment, an aunt who had ironed my school uniforms came to collect dresses to iron, from our neighbor. Guess what, we gave ours and got it back on time. Lesser labor too, she herself took the clothes! Hadn't my heavenly Father closely watched what I needed!

Matthew 6:8b for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 

Of riding on zesty:
I own a scooty zest, a cute peachish pink one. (How I bought it is another testimony altogether). FYI (For your information) I do not know to ride a bicycle, I don't balance one properly, even with friends I dared not take a bicycle out of fear. This being the truth, my family really wondered how I would ever learn to ride a scooty in the traffic zones of Chennai. Even more they were afraid as my dad was no longer in the world to teach me by being beside me. Brothers pitched in, friends pitched in to teach me and in due time, I did learn. But how I fearlessly ride these days, I know it's only because of my Heavenly Father who I invite to sit as a pillion rider every time I start riding.

Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Of licensing:
I did not want to give one extra penny to get my license which is like almost impossible in India. My friend and I went one morning by 7 to the Road Transport office of our area thinking it will be open, only to find out that it opens pretty late. Knowing very little about the entire process, I had a copy of the online application for the learner's license. On failing in our trip that morning I returned home wondering what to do next. And in my house I find my uncle who works with the police department gladly willing to help. (He felt bad I did not call him in the beginning) and together God, my heavenly Father worked it out for me. After the Learner's permit was the process of license which again went so well, I couldn't have expected it to be better.

Of olas and autos:
I was returning from college that day. Since it wasn’t a regular working day and only some of the final years were called, I was dropped at an area near ours. It was around 6:30 by then and we had some downpours too. There isn’t a proper bus from that particular area and I had to book a cab or an auto home. As I was waiting in the traffic I stopped a few autos who asked me how much it would cost for which I had no idea. After a number of failed efforts to book an auto from where I was, I was highly scared, tired and felt hopeless. That’s when I mustered all my courage to call upon the next auto man who told me how much it would cost which was way lower than the booking cabs too. (To those who did not understand the story, bottom line: I was safe at home giving lesser than half the money that the first auto man wanted me to pay) Frail people need a fantastic father and so I am his and he is mine!

Psalm 121:3 He will not let your foot slip—    he who watches over you will not slumber;  



Of travel and journeys:

Another important thing is travelling to unknown places for which you really need guidance. For writing entrances, walking places you sometimes really need to be carried. And here’s one example of being carried. The exam was in the afternoon; it was quite a faraway place and I decided with lots of human wisdom that I would take the train to the venue. In the morning however one of my brothers had to intervene and suggest a bus route which is reportedly much longer and tiring than the train. Non -rebelliously I took the bus, and during the time I and the Lord alone know how many questions I asked out of frustration. Turned out that trains had a day off that day, as the tracks had to be looked after. If I hadn’t taken the bus, I may not have written the exam.


Remember: Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. 


Of metros and safety

It was one of those tired days to internship and the best part along the day was at the metro with an elder sister/friend I know. After we passed 3 stations, I found out that I did not have my phone with me. Quickly we got out at the next station and together went to the place we started from. Safely my phone lay in the hands of the metro personnel there and they interrogated me till I gave evidence that it was my phone (completely protected). Whoa, one miracle of undeserved grace. That day’s threats did not end there; I remembered on the same day that I had left my vehicle’s keys in the vehicle itself! Quickly with the help of my friend I called up the people who work in the metro to help me safeguard my vehicle by taking my keys with them. Miraculously, God took care of that too.

  
1 John 3:1 See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!  

 HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!





No comments:

Post a Comment

A story to be told!

  It was a special day, my husband’s birthday and we were far from the city’s hustle but near the heart of the Western Ghats of India. We wo...