Friday 3 July 2020

Many small incidents in life reinstate the fact that God listens to every groan, every untold need every word that may not even be prayers.  It had been almost a week since the number plate on my bike had fallen down. I was still able to ride my bike without the authorities questioning me because there was one number plate in front too. I planned to take my bike to the only mechanic I knew, but when I went he already had a few bikes to look into and it was already a bit late in the night. I couldn’t get the work done so I had to keep my bike as it was… I didn’t even pray, I remember telling God that “It’s not my job to get the nameplate on my bike, even so I tried and it became a failure. So I’m not going to try again, you do it whenever you want to, it is your duty.” This I said knowing that God is my father, and that my earthly father has gone to be with him. After all it’s a Dad’s duty to take his daughter’s bike to the mechanic. Two weeks passed and whenever my mind reminded me to think about the nameplate, I’ll put the burden on God. And then, this happened:

One morning as I took my bike, I noticed that the hinges to which my name plate was connected had been tightened, the very reason my number plate had fallen in the first place. I was wondering how, when an uncle from my apartment, (one I barely knew), had screwed it tight for me. He asked me if I had my number plate safe so he could fit that also. When I said yes, he offered to help me in the evening. Evening came and that uncle was working so hard to fix things for me, he wasn’t able to remove one screw even after one hour of tireless trying. He promised me he would fix it by the next morning and yea, He kept his promise. When I took my bike the next morning I was awakened by the sweetness of God in caring for his daughter. I thanked the Lord much more than I thanked the uncle who helped me out. Since then I have called him Scooty uncle and we have been good friends. Little did my scooty uncle know about my prayer, but he himself was an answer to one. When I asked him how he helped, he told me that he knew the plight of women who work because he himself had a daughter. How often are we helping God help people? How often are we responding to his still small voice asking us to help people on our way? On the other side, do we trust God with the small and petty things knowing that he takes care of the big and small details likewise?

“You parents—if your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead?  Or if they ask for a fish, do you give them a snake? Of course not!  So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.
Matthew 7:9‭-‬11 NLT

I have told this story so many times to so many different people boasting God’s goodness to me. And what should keep me from posting it? Here it is, on my blog!

Note: for all your big, small and petty troubles, there’s a dad who cares always… Never let’s go and loves you more than you know. Trust him, be quick you can make a prayer now.


Take away: 1)make small prayers with trust, 2)be an answer to prayers.

The original: https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/abelieversfairytale.wordpress.com/13

1 comment:

  1. This post was originally posted in wordpress, whose link has been provided above!

    ReplyDelete

A story to be told!

  It was a special day, my husband’s birthday and we were far from the city’s hustle but near the heart of the Western Ghats of India. We wo...