Saturday 27 February 2021

The Gardener knows to prune

PRUNING

We have quite a few plants in our terrace now. Taking care of them has taught me many things. One of which is this. A gardening tip, not exactly but yea, this may give you courage to snip off those leaves when you really don’t have the heart to. 

The plants, the lovely budding greens, suddenly had a hard day, I thought it was something related to the weather or waters, but then on looking closely I found that it was a pest. An insect that would eat them up. Not knowing what to do after trying out on neem medicines and home remedies, all I could do was chop off the infected leaves. Till the insect couldn’t eat any of it.

 I was immediately scared as to what may happen to the plant, but slowly they bloomed; slowly the leaves started showing up. It was like they had a new life, a new era. The transition was beautiful. 
This reminded me of how God would sometimes deprive you of something, even everything you hold dear. So that new leaves would come, you won’t be gone forever. The Gardener knows how to prune. 

3 comments:

A story to be told!

  It was a special day, my husband’s birthday and we were far from the city’s hustle but near the heart of the Western Ghats of India. We wo...